Fatty Acid & Lipid Chemistry, Biology & Analysis
Dates to be confirmed.
The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA
This is a popular lecture programme, designed for those working with lipids in the food, oleochemical, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, or in academia, to provide an introduction to the analysis, chemistry, physics and biochemistry of lipid molecules.
Topics will include:
- Structure and natural occurrence of fatty acids and lipids
- Essential chemistry of double bonds and the carboxyl group
- Commodity oils and oilseeds – global market and processing
- Speciality oils containing Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids
- Physical properties – melting behaviour, surface activity and structure determination
- Lipid biology
- Separation and analysis of lipid classes
- Analysis of fatty acids
- Analysis of molecular species and positional distribution
- Lipidomics – analytical methods and applications
- Long chain polyenes in human nutrition
- Oils and fats as renewable resources
To register an interest, please contact us or subscribe to our newsletter for updates.